Learn to Program With PHP/MySQL
PHP is a popular, reliable programming language at the foundation of many smart, data-driven websites.
This hands-on PHP/MySQL introductory course will teach students how to connect PHP to a MySQL database, and gain experience developing a complete web application with site navigation, form validation, and a password-protected admin area and also covers the basic CRUD routines for updating a database, debugging techniques, and usable user interfaces.
What Will I Learn?
- What is PHP?
- Installing and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Exploring data types
- Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Using PHP’s built-in functions
- Writing custom functions
- Building dynamic webpages
- Working with forms and form data
- Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Creating and editing database records
- Building a content management system
- Adding user authentication
Click here to enroll in this course.
- Lesson 1: The history of PHP
Installation and configuring PHP and MySQL
- Lesson 2: Mac Installation & Windows Installation
Exploring data types
- Lesson 3: Variables, strings, string function, integers, floating points
- Lesson 3: Arrays, Associative arrays, arrays function, booleans, Null and empty, constants
Controlling code with logical expressions and loops
- Lesson 4: Logical Expressions
- Lesson 4: Loops
Using PHP\'s built-in functions
- Lesson 5: Defining functions, function argument, returning values from a function, multiple return values, scope and global variables, setting default argument values
Building dynamic webpages
- Lesson 6: Links and URLs, using GET values, Encoding GET values, Encoding for HTML
Working with forms and form data
- Lesson 7: Building forms, detecting form submissins, validating form values, custom validation errors, sngle page form with validation
Using cookies and sessions to store data
- Lesson 8: Using cookies and sessions to store data
Connecting to MySQL with PHP
- Lesson 9: MySQL Basics (MySQL Introduction, Creating a database, creating a database table, CRUD in MySQL, Populating a MySQL database, Relational database tables, Populating the relational table)
- Lesson 9: Using PHP to access MySQL (Database APIs in PHP, Connecting to MySQL with PHP, Retrieving data from MySQL, working with retrieved data, creating records with PHP, Updating and deleting records with PHP)
Building a content management system
- Lesson 10: Building a content management system