Learn to Program with VB.NET
This hands on Visual Basic training course provides a thorough introduction to the use of Visual Basic . The main goal of the course is to enable the participant to create business applications with Visual Basic that utilize multi-tier application design strategy for maintainability and reusability.
The course introduces the Visual Basic Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and its wealth of development tools. Students will learn to build effective user interfaces with Visual Basic controls, forms, and other GUI components. The Visual Basic language is covered in detail. Students will learn the use of the debugging and testing tools available in Visual Studio.
What Will I Learn?
- Overview of .NET
- Visual Basic .NET
- Exception Handling
- Windows Programming
- ADO .NET
- Custom Windows Controls (User Controls)
- Windows Services
- .NET Remoting
- Crystal Reports
Click here to enroll in this course.
Overview of .NET
- Lesson 1: Drawbacks of the Existing System, Why .NET came into picture, Difference between Java and .NET, .NET Framework Architecture, Versions of .NET Framework
Visual Basic .NET
- Lesson 2: Programming in VB .NET Operators, Conditional Statements, Arrays
- Lesson 3: Abstraction, Encapsulation, Constructors, Inheritance, Overloading Methods and Constructors, Abstract Classes, Interfaces, Assemblies, Access Specifies
- Lesson 4: What is Exception, Error Handling, Using Try, Catch, Finally and Throw, Defining our own exception classes, Debugging the Application
- Lesson 5: Understanding Windows Programming, Class Hierarchy, Using Various Windows Components
- Lesson 6: Client Server Architecture, Understanding Drivers and Providers, ADO .NET Architecture, Using OLEDB Providers, Data Readers, Using Oracle and SQL Server Managed Providers, Disconnected Architecture with Data sets, Data controls, Data Table and Data View difference and usage
- Lesson 7: Why Assemblies, Disadvantages of Com, Architecture of Assemblies, Creating Private and Shared Assemblies, Deploying Shared Assemblies in GAC
- Lesson 8: Difference between Multitasking and, Multithreading, Advantages of Multithreading, Creating Multiple threads in application, Thread Synchronization
- Lesson 9: Understanding Windows Services, Creating Windows Services, Installing and Uninstalling Windows services
- Lesson10: Understanding Distributed Architecture, Drawbacks of DCOM, Remoting Advantages, Remoting Vs web services, Creating & Using Remote Applications
- Lesson 11: Designing and Invoking Crystal Reports, Datasets and Crystals Reports