VBA Excel for Business Analysis
VBA helps to automate repetitive tasks. VBA helps you to fasten your process and improve accuracy while analyzing your data (Data Analysis involves: Data Cleaning, Data Preparation, Reports Generation and Dartboards preparation.
VBA is available all Microsoft Office tools (MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and Outlook), we can automate these tasks and interact from one tool to another tool.
What Will I Learn?
- VBA Environment
- Introduction to procedural programming
- Visual Basic
- Error handling
- Excel Object Model
- Excel Object Model
Click here to enroll in this course.
- Lesson 1: Recording and editing macros, Where to store macros, Assigning macros to forms, toolbars, keyboard shortcuts
- Lesson 2: Visual Basic Editor and its options, Keyboard Shortcuts, Optimizing the environment
Introduction to procedural programming
- Lesson 3: Procedures: Function, Sub, The data types, The conditional statement If…Then….Elseif….Else….End If, Instruction Case, Loop while, until, Loop for … next, Instructions break the loop(exit)
- Lesson 4: Combining strings (concatenation), Conversion to other types – implicit and explicit, Features processing strings
- Lesson 5: Download and upload data to a spreadsheet (Cells, Range), Download and upload data to the user (InputBox, MsgBox), The declaration of variables, The extent and lifetime of variables, Operators and their priorities, Options modules, Create your own functions and use them in a sheet, Objects, classes, methods and properties, Securing code, Security code tampering and preview
- Lesson 6: Processing step, Locals window, Immediate window, Traps – Watches, Call Stack
- Lesson 7: Types of errors and ways to avoid, Capturing and handling run-time errors, Structures: On Error Resume Next, On Error GoTo label, On Error GoTo 0
Excel Object Model
- Lesson 8: The Application object, Workbook object and a collection of Workbooks, Worksheet Object and Collection Worksheets, Objects ThisWorkbook, ActiveWorkbook, ActiveCell, Object Selection, Collection Range, Object Cells, Display data on the statusbar, Optimization using ScreenUpdating, The time measurement by the method Timer
The use of external data sources
- Lesson 9: Using ADO library, References to external data sources, ADO objects: Connection-Command-Recordset, Connection string, Create connections to different databases: Microsoft Access, Oracle, MySQL
- Lesson 10: Introduction to the SQL language, The basic structure of SQL (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT INTO, DELETE), Calling a Microsoft Access query from Excel, Forms to support the use of databases