e-Learning for Energy (Oil & Gas)
e-Learning for Energy solution using SharePoint LMS is a full blown learning management system built on top of Microsoft SharePoint and is designed to deliver learning materials to learners in organizations and institutions.
The learning materials can be for online courses (e-Learning) or offline courses which are instructor-led.
Some of the benefits of using SharePoint LMS for managing learning for an energy industry organization within the oil and gas sector would include:
- Make oil wells data and information expertise readily available to field engineers and operators and engender the culture of continuous learning amongst these engineers
- Leveraging existing investment in SharePoint and Microsoft technology stack including e.g. Lync
- Fast-track the creation and management of e-Learning (online courses)
- Manage classroom instructor-led courses (offline and external courses)
- Increased productivity and learning outcomes
- Allow employees to learn anytime anywhere
- Design targeted learning to suit individual staff needs
- Encourage social learning
- Track compliance training – allows managers to put a training on a learning path and track it
- Create personalized learning path for individual staff or group
- Enable organizations to reduce their training costs
- Enable organizations to reduce their IT costs